Unsung Hero Awards
Do you know a parent who deserves recognition? Nominate them for our Unsung Hero Awards.
For the past 9 years, New Hampshire Children's Trust has honored parents at The New Hampshire State House in partnership with the Governor's office. Why were they honored? The honorees incorporate the 5 Protective Factors into their daily lives to help be stronger mothers, fathers, grandparents, caregivers and friends. The 5 Protective Factors are:
- Parental Resilience: I can overcome hard times and bounce back.
- Social Connections: I have people who know and support me.
- Knowledge of Parenting and Child Development: I know where to go to find out about parenting skills and my child’s developmental growth.
- Concrete Support in Times of Need: I know where to turn to for help.
- Social and Emotional Competence of Children: I know how to help my children talk about their feelings.
Parenting can be really hard. Please take a moment to nominate a parent or caretaker that has made an effort by using some of the above strategies and Protective Factors to improve family life.
How to nominate a parent:
- Download a nomination form
- Mail to Julie Day at 10 Ferry Street, Suite 315, Concord, NH 03301
- Or, write a letter or email to [email protected] stating
- 1.) What qualities you admire about this person.
- 2.) What makes this person a role model?
Sponsor the Unsung Hero Awards:
- Send an email to us today, click here.
See past award winners' stories: