The New Hampshire Children’s Trust has developed a five-year strategic plan focusing on eliminating child abuse and neglect in the most vulnerable population- children under age three. The strategic plan has six overarching goals with specific objectives. Each employee is responsible for implementing a workplan to support progress on the strategic plan. As part of the continuous quality improvement process, employees review outputs and outcomes monthly and report on high level dashboard measures to the board of directors at least semi-annually.
2012 – 2016 Goals
- Reach all New Hampshire families during pregnancy through age 3 with proven effective strategies that prevent child abuse and neglect.
- Advocate for the best possible New Hampshire policies, plans, systems, data, resources, training and coordination for prevention.
- Increase public awareness of child abuse and neglect in New Hampshire and how it can be prevented.
- Lead the development of the New Hampshire State Plan for the Prevention of Child Abuse and Neglect.
- Bring prevention resources to New Hampshire from outside and inside.
- Build the sustainable organization’s capacity to achieve the goals of the strategic plan.