Honoring the Awesome
November 15, 2013
Here at NH Children's Trust, we know you don't have to be Parent Of The Year to be an awesome parent!
The parents we honor every February are singled out because they show significant strength, courage, empathy and are looked upon as role models by friends, family or their community.
What it takes
Parents who show the 5 Protective Factors prove to reduce stress and promote the wellbeing of families.
- Parental Resillience - Overcoming hard times and bouncing back
- Social Connection - Having people who know and support them
- Knowledge of Parenting and Child Development - Knowing where to go to find out about parenting skills and their child's developmental growth.
- Concrete Support in Times of Need - Knowing where to turn for help
- Social and Emotional Competence of Children - Knowing how to help their children talk about their feelings
Nominate a parent using the above strategies to improve their family's life and those around them.
- Parents are defined as co-parents, single parents, grandparents, foster parents and adoptive parents.
- Deadline for nominations is Dec. 31, 2013
- Contact Julie Day for more information or call the NH Children's Trust office at 603-224-1279.
- Nomination Form -
See our past Annual Unsung Hero Events on our website! The Unsung Heroes will be honored in a ceremony at the NH State House in February.
Want to interview the organizer or board of directors chair for radio, TV or newspaper to help us get more nominations or just to learn more? Email us!
For a full press release, click here.