Follow Us:

  • Facebook
  • YouTube
  • Mail

UNH sorority to hold benefit for child abuse prevention

March 6, 2017

ELIOT, Maine — Sisters of the University of New Hampshire Alpha Sigma chapter of Kappa Delta sorority are busy at work organizing their 6th Annual Dinner and Auction for Child Abuse Prevention.

This year’s event will be held Saturday March 25, from 5-9 p.m. at Regatta Banquet and Conference Center in Eliot, Maine.

Of funds raised, 80 percent will go to New Hampshire Children’s Trust, state chapter of Prevent Child Abuse America, to help children and families locally. The remaining 20 percent will benefit Prevent Child Abuse America via Kappa Delta national. In 2016, around 150 people attended the event, raising around $25,000.

“The Kappa Delta sisters impress us every year,” said Keryn Bernard-Kriegl, executive director of NH Children’s Trust. “It’s great to see so many people gathered together for such a worthy cause.”

Attendees will enjoy a three-course buffet dinner, both live and silent auctions, live entertainment, and raffles throughout the evening. Popular auction items include a week stay in Costa Rica, local overnight stays, a Kate Spade handbag, handcrafted items, restaurant gift cards and much more.

The public is welcome and encouraged to attend. Tickets are available online for $45 with a discount for tables of eight. To learn more, purchase tickets, or donate, visit www.nhchildrenstrust.org/auction2017.

The Alpha Sigma chapter of Kappa Delta Sorority has been on the University of New Hampshire campus since 1929. Dedicated to community service and philanthropy, the sisters have raised more than $60,000 for families and children in the Granite State through their annual dinner and auction.

For more information about Kappa Delta’s partnership with PCAA and New Hampshire Children’s Trust or the event, please contact Vice President-Community Service Erica Spino at [email protected]

Article from Fosters.com.