- Past Events and Trainings
- 2017 NH Fiddle Ensemble Concerts
- Resilient Communities: The Prevention Connection
- 2017 Kappa Delta Dinner & Auction
- 2017 Unsung Hero Awards
- NH Fiddle Ensemble at Exeter
- NH Fiddle Ensemble at Concord
- Part Natural, Part Learned
- 2016 Kappa Delta Dinner & Auction
- Unsung Hero Awards 2016: Local parents awarded for strength
- Parent Advocacy Day teaches parents to speak up
- NH Fiddle Ensemble for Child Abuse Prevention 2015
- Science of Relationships: The Prevention Connection
- 2015 Kappa Delta Dinner & Auction
- Unsung Hero Awards 2015
- Parental Depression: Impact on Families and Children
- Kappa Delta Dinner and Auction 2014
- 'How I Learned to Drive' Talkback
- Unsung Hero Awards 2014
- Snow Much Fun Softball Tournament 2014
- NH Infant Safe Sleep Symposium
- FSNH National Network of Family Strengthening Networks Summit
- Nurturing Healthy Sexual Development - a workshop for home visitors and family support professionals.
- Seeing is Believing: Training in Videotaping Strategies to Improve Parenting
- Substance Abuse During Pregnancy and Beyond Conference 2013
- Strengthening Families Summit 2013
- Unsung Hero Awards 2013
2017 Kappa Delta Dinner & Auction
ELIOT, Maine – On Saturday, March 25, the University of New Hampshire Alpha Sigma chapter of Kappa Delta sorority raised more than $23,000 at their sixth-annual dinner and auction for child abuse prevention.
More than 160 attendees gathered at the Regatta Room in Eliot to enjoy a three-course buffet dinner, live and silent auctions, entertainment from UNH a cappella group Maiden Harmony, and raffles throughout the evening. Popular auction items included a week stay in Costa Rica, local overnights, Red Sox tickets, ski passes, handcrafted items, restaurant gift cards and much more.
“We love to see how many generous people come out to support such a worthy cause,” said Keryn Bernard-Kriegl, Executive Director of NH Children’s Trust. “The Kappa Delta sisters continue to impress us year after year.”
Kappa Delta Sorority’s Chapter Advisory Board member Claire Murdough worked closely with NH Children’s Trust and shared her pride in the all of the members of Alpha Sigma Chapter of Kappa Delta Sorority.
NH Children's Trust hosted a pre-auction cocktail party in a separate space from the dinner and auction. Board members and staff met donors and attendees to explain NH Children’s Trust’s role in preventing child abuse and neglect in our state.
“Great childhoods begin with all of us,” said Diane Hastings, Communications Director at NH Children’s Trust. “As the state chapter of Prevent Child Abuse America, we support agencies in the state who work with families, and we coordinate efforts to help strengthen families.”
Of funds raised, 80% will go to New Hampshire Children's Trust, state chapter of Prevent Child Abuse America, to help children and families locally. The remaining 20% will benefit Prevent Child Abuse America via Kappa Delta national.
Next year’s dinner and auction will again take place in March. For more information on donating or buying ad space, please email Diane Hastings at [email protected].
Support provided by Wells Fargo Foundation in cooperation with Wells Fargo Advisors.